Popping Pancakes – Pop Rocks with Kool Aid Syrup
Pancake day is coming up on us really fast, and most of you have already got your Taffy Mail. We’ve been in the kitchen working on something simple that you can make! Using Pop Rocks and Kool Aid – both of which are in this February’s box – we turn a standard pancake recipe into something pretty poppin’ awesome!
If you want a hand at making some delicious treats, sign up to Taffy Mail here!
Ingredients (Makes 3 pancakes)
50g plain flour
1 large egg
1/2 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil, plus extra for frying
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 Sachet Kool Aid
Preparation 40 minutes | Cooking 20 minutes
1. Whisk the flour, egg, milk and oil together.
2. Set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
3. Whilst waiting, mix the Kool Aid, water and sugar in a pan (careful – it’s very hot!).
4. Leave to simmer and reduce.
5. Once about half of the water has boiled away. Remove from heat and leave to cool
6. Set pan to medium heat, cook pancakes for about 1 minute on each side. Remove and keep warm in oven on a low heat.
7. Spread 1 1/2tsp of Pop Rocks across the centre line of each pancake. Roll and cut in half.
8. Stack pancakes and top with Syrup and more Pop Rocks!